Python QT ADB Qt Super version

daner

So all is working now ?

the path thing is just a command to check where python looks, i have other python modules than you, so the line would never be the same.
now click "show run pids " error.
99b87634gw1et0zorc9ewj20qb062mz4.jpg

not "finally we are free at last " line, my platform tools folder:
99b87634gw1et0zptugsbj209s0ck40t.jpg

Accezz

I think "finally we are free at last" is another plugin to enable more debuggers in ida and not related to the ADB Super plugin...

Do you have all the PATH settings correct? In a cmd type
Code:
set |findstr /I "PATH"
and make sure that android platformtools is in the PATH.

Storm Shadow

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Ida Pro Expert
Elite Cracker

samoray

I got with genymotion this error:
adb server is out of date.... killing
even when changing settings in genymotion adb option to select use of the path where android sdk is installed...
any help would be appreciated

Storm Shadow

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Ida Pro Expert
Elite Cracker

samoray

Thank you "storm shadow" for the help,
indeed I got rid of the annoying out of date thing, but more issues are showed up:
when I try to attach to a process with a PID number (the pid list is shown perfectly) I get this message: (Bogus or irresponsive remote server)
any more tips... thank again

Storm Shadow

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Ida Pro Expert
Elite Cracker
Yes
Use gdbserver x86_64 one from sdk insted of the one i provided

samoray

Hello
cant find it in any subfolder of my installed android studio sdk, will you please show me its path...
and if I understand you well, should O copy and paste that "gdbserver" from sdk path to "SuperADB" AND "IDA 6.6" path? am I correct!

samoray

Still the same error, do you have in your plugin any way to save log file so I can send it to you, may be you acan see better..

Storm Shadow

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Ida Pro Expert
Elite Cracker
I can test in the weekend , also if i remember correct you cant use gdbserver on the newest targets.

samoray

I think the problem is when I try to run gdbserver /or/ android_server on the target machine... it says (I could hardly read it on the terminal, I had to pause the terminal to read what it says); it says: "not executable: magic 7F45" is there anything that you can understand from this... 'magic number'?
and one more thing, can you please try to make your script pause for a few seconds after a click (for exemple: when I click 'restart adb as root' I wish it could pause for 2 sec so I can read the output, error or success).
any help would be appreciated

Storm Shadow

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Ida Pro Expert
Elite Cracker
not executable: magic 7F45
then you properlly using the wrong gdbserver, using 64 on x86 or vica verca , or it simply aint an Elf file 7F45 is the header for Elf.
Have you tried attaching to other Pids and remember to run Ida as Admin thats very important.

samoray

thanks for your replies, and many thanks following this topic.
I always run IDA as admin thats obvious, and yes I tried woith other pids without success.
my system is WIN 10 x64
IDA pro 6.6 (I use idaq.exe NOT the x64 one)
Genymotion virtual android system 5.0.0 API21 / and 4.4.4 API19 none of them connects to IDA.
Will you please show me which gdbserver/android_server should I use?

EDIT: I used gdbserver (android x86) from android ndk, I finally can attach to genymotion VM with success ;)
many Thanks to you again

Last edited: